The Easter weekend is one of the highlights of the year for many people. Here are a few things to do this Easter.
- Celebrate a traditional Easter Sunday at a church service.A lot of Churches start the Easter Sunday celebrations at Midnight on Easter Eve. Candles are used in churches all over the world to start the Easter Day Midnight celebrations.
- Attend an Easter Sunday sunrise service.
- The familiar sunrise service is a relatively new addition to Easter. A group of young Moravian men in Hernhut, Saxony held the first recorded sunrise service in 1732. They went to their cemetery called God’s Acre at sunrise to worship in memory of the women who went to the tomb early on the first Easter morning and discovered it empty. Moravian immigrants brought the custom to America, with the first service in the United States held in 1743.sunrise service.
- Easter Sunday begins the Easter Season a new liturgical season, referred to as Easter tide or the Easter Season. This season last 50 days and ends on Pentecost Sunday.
- Go Easter egg hunting
- :Easter eggs, also called Paschal eggs are decorated eggs that are usually used as gifts on the occasion of Easter. As such, Easter eggs are common during the season of Easter tide (Easter season). The oldest tradition is to use dyed and painted chicken eggs, but a modern custom is to substitute chocolate eggs wrapped in colored foil, hand-carved wooden eggs, or plastic eggs filled with confectionery such as chocolate.
If hunting for Easter eggs doesn’t really appeal,go for a long walk in the woods or around town with a family or friend,or head out on a coastal walk to feel revitalized by the sea air and wild life.