Here is a look at the eight trust indicators:
- Best Practices: Who funds the news outle, their mission, and their commitments to ethics, diverse voices, accuracy, making corrections, and other standards.
- Author Expertise: Details about the journalist.
- Type of Work: Labels to distinguish opinion, analysis, and advertiser (or sponsored) content from news reports.
- Citations and References: Access to the sources behind the facts and assertions in a news story.
- Methods: Process and motivation behind pursing the story.
- Locally Sourced: Lets people know that the story has local roots, origin, or expertise.
- Diverse Voices: A newsroom’s efforts to bring in diverse perspectives.
- Actionable Feedback: A newsroom’s efforts to engage the public in setting coverage priorities, contributing to the reporting process, and ensuring accuracy.