Sian Blake: The Murdered Eastenders star was ‘too weak’ to fight off killer. The actress ‘planned to leave partner who killed her’

Sian Blake had recently been diagnosed with terminal motor neurone disease and would not have been able to fight off an attacker, the Old Bailey heard

TRAGIC EASTENDERS star Sian Blake who was stabbed to death with her two young sons by her partner, had been planning to leave him, a court heard.

The bodies of Ms Blake, 43, and the couple’s two children Zachary, eight, and Amon, four were found in the garden of their home in Erith, southeast London, on January 5, three weeks after they were reported missing on December 16.

Arthur Simpson-Kent, the children’s father, fled to Ghana on December 19, with the country’s police force becoming involved in the hunt for him on January 7.

He was arrested in Busua, a southwest coastal resort, two days later.

The actress and her two young sons died of head and neck injuries, while “significant attempts” had been made to hide the bodies, according to the police.

The Old Bailey was told that Ms Blake, who had recently been diagnosed with terminal motor neurone disease, would not have been able to fight off an attacker as the condition had weakened her arms.

The court also heard that this condition, along with their “unhealthy” relationship, led her to consider selling their home and moving back in with her close family.

KILLED: Sian Blake’s son Zachary, eight, and Amon, four

Mark Heywood QC, prosecuting, said Ms Blake was planning to return to live with her family ‘because of her condition and because of the state of their relationship’, the Mail Online reports.

Ms Blake last saw her family face to face on Sunday December 13, when she went to her mother Lindell Blake’s home in Leyton, East London, the court heard.

Mr Heywood said she asked her mother if the four of them, including Simpson Kent, could move in to the property.

When Mrs Blake said Simpson Kent could not, her daughter “appeared to accept it”, the lawyer said.

Speaking of the murder, Mr Heywood said: “The evidence suggests, and this much is not disputed, that, on the night of December 14 2015, the defendant killed each of them in turn with heavy, deliberate, repeated blows with a blunt instrument not since recovered, and then by cutting and stabbing them with a bladed weapon in a way that ensured their deaths.”

According to Ava Blake, sister of the murdered soap star, Sian had discussed leaving Simpson-Kent before she disappeared.

Speaking after Simpson-Kent was arrested in Ghana, Ava described him as “controlling” and said he was a triple killer, and should be “brought back to justice”.

Speaking at Scotland Yard’s headquarters at the time, she said: “Unfortunately I believe Arthur was responsible.”

Sian Blake’s partner killed her after she decided to leave him, court told.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s