The Spanish name for Soursop is Guanabana. It makes delicious deserts and sumptuous ice cream marketed internationally under the name Guanabana. The immature Soursop is also cooked and eaten in many countries and the leaves and roots contain healing properties which continually to show up in many herbal medicines.
- Soursop is now gaining popularity around the world because of its economic uses. You can find it in big supermarkets, too.
- Soursop originated in Mexico and is popular in Latin America including Jamaica, where it is more commonly known in its Spanish term guanabana. It can also be found in parts of Southeast Asia.
- Soursop is called toge-ban-reishi in Japan, and is commonly sold as a substitute for yogurt since it tastes similarly to yogurt!
- Soursop can be eaten with a spoon after cutting the fruit in half. Do not eat the seeds. Spit them out, just like when you are eating a watermelon.
- Soursop can also be made into juice for drinking especially when cooled in the refrigerator. You can also make a delicious frozen dessert made out of soursop.
Soursop as a cancer cure has been done since 1976. Amazingly, a certain chemical found in the fruit is 10,000 times more potent than Adriamycin, which is a drug commonly used in chemotherapy.
The soursop tree, its fruit, leaves, and bark, are miraculous natural cancer cell killers. Besides, soursop does not have the side effect of hair loss like in chemotherapy. That’s the great thing about the soursop fruit in cancer treatment. It has no side effects at all unlike modern conventional medical treatments that are approved by government medical authorities.
Research shows that soursop extracts may be used to possibly eradicate cancer safely and effectively as an all-natural therapy that does not cause extreme nausea, weight loss and hair loss.
According to long-term studies, soursop can effectively eradicate almost 12 types of cancer cells, including breast, colon, lung, prostate, and pancreatic cancer. Studies also show that soursop extract treatment shows stronger reduction of cancer cells compared to chemotherapy. Chemicals extracted from the fruit do not harm cells other than the cancer cells. It only proves that soursop has no side effects at all. Most local practitioners are using them for the treatment of diseases such as asthma, arthritis, common cold, heart diseases, and many others.